Start an E-Commerce Business App with These Unique Ideas
In 2022, the e-commerce industry is worth trillions of dollars. Now, people think it’s more convenient to order from anywhere in the world and have their products reach their doorsteps for a small fee. The businesses are winning, too, selling goods without paying the price of setting up shop. If you decide to start an e-commerce business, this article helps you with some unique ideas in addition to some industry tips.
What is the E-Commerce Business Model?
An e-commerce business is basically an online shopping business where vendors sell items to consumers without physical contact. The products can be from businesses to other businesses, also known as B2B, or from vendors to consumers, known as B2C.
Consider This Before Starting the E-Commerce Business
- Online shopping is distinctive from offline shopping, mainly because you provide the customer with the product and deliver it to their address. Before you launch the product, you should have delivery in mind. Can you fulfill the order safely and without hassle anywhere in the delivery parameter? If you plan to expand the parameter of the delivery area, would that affect the product’s quality, and is it possible at first? Bear in mind that operation scalability when it comes to delivery too.
- Another thing to consider is the platform where you will sell the products. Do you want to develop the app yourself? It’s doable for a small fee with no-code platforms like the nandbox native no-code app builder. What will be the online selling channels? It’s something to pick carefully to avoid jumping between different platforms.
- You have two options with the product itself; manufacture or procure it from other manufacturers. Which option is more suitable financially? If you produce it, can you maintain quality standards? Is it better to use a known brand that consumers already love?
- The final thing is the product idea. The product should be in demand and meet a customer’s need. The following section contains some ideas that might inspire you.
Unique E-Commerce Ideas
Idea #1: Pet Accessories
Pet items aren’t always easy to come by. It’s true, nowadays, more shops sell pet sweaters, but some products are less accessible. Think big. What if customers want their cats to wear sunglasses, jewelry, caps, or band T-shirts? Your shop can provide all of that, in different sizes—to account for all the adorable “chunky” cats. You could also sell props for customers to recreate iconic scenes from movies and tv shows with their pets. You can do so many cool things with a pet accessories shop. With your pet advice and a wide range of fashionable options, your shop will be the go-to destination for pet owners looking to express their pet’s individual style and create memorable moments.
Idea #2: “Cottagecore” or “Faerie” Clothes Shop
Some people never grow out of Tumblr, and no shame in that. Many people on Instagram are adopting the cottage-core or the faerie lifestyle. Never mind that both are different; you can combine or choose one. Cottage core is an aesthetic centered around rural life in Europe and England. Faerie-core goes further into the woods, where enchanting creatures are.
Both have their clothing style and props that you can provide. People can use them at Halloween parties in their daily lives if they like. No rule in any book says you can’t dress like a fairy every day of the week.
Idea #3: Action Figures
Funko toys are proof that action figures are still trendy. They revolutionized the industry by creating figures for many iconic characters, not superheroes only. You can manufacture new types of action figures and sell them in your store. You could even center your business around action figures for underrated side characters that no one usually cares about. Or you can create figures for other niches, like famous scientists or renowned musicians. Moreover, you can include a section for customized action figures for anyone who wants to gift their loved ones but can’t afford a wax figure.
Idea #4: Sustainable Products
Although there are many stores for a sustainable lifestyle, there’s still quite a lot of demand. People keep realizing that we need alternatives to harmful products, and they look for them. However, not every type of product is available in a sustainable version, which is something you can work with. Talk with potential customers who care about sustainability and ask them what items they buy the most and what other products they can’t find anywhere. You would be helping those people and saving the future for new generations while making a profit. : A perfect example of this is eco-friendly lab-grown diamonds, which do virtually no harm to the environment, unlike mined diamonds. Who would have thought that a luxury item like diamonds would have an eco-friendly alternative? However, Fortunately in the modern world it is possible.
Idea #5: Vegan Products
The same is true here; some vegan items, though in demand, are unavailable to purchase. Also, many stores and restaurants assume that the people who buy vegan food are well-off, which makes these items quite expensive. You can create unavailable products and sell them at reasonable prices. Everyone should be allowed to take a stance regardless of their income level. The vegan market is growing by the day, so you can acquire many customers if you supply them with good-quality products.
Idea #6: Subscription Boxes
This E-commerce idea can birth many ideas. You could:
- Create a niche subscription box to send monthly to customers. For example, makeup fans would appreciate getting a box of makeup every month.
- Create multiple stores, each specialized in a specific niche.
- Create a custom mix for people with multiple interests. Maybe she’s a makeup fan who loves movies; send her both!
- You can offer online subscriptions for users to try new software and platform.
Idea #7: Rare Music-Related Items
The world is divided into two types of people; ones who love music and others who are wrong about music. The majority of people love music, fortunately. You can send rare music-related items to music lovers. For example, you can sell rare types of musical instruments, like a copper serpent or a Zurna. Or you could sell them CDs of people who created music albums but didn’t make it in the music world and ended up in oblivion, not on Spotify.
Regardless of what your e-commerce will sell, you can build your app using the nandbox native no-code app builder. You can do it at a reasonable cost and in a few hours. You will have all the features to build an e-commerce store that you can customize every aspect of. Start now for free!